Want To Go To One Of The Best Cities In The World To Be A Student? Check Out Toronto!
Toronto made the cut as one of the 10 best cities in the world to be a student.
Coming in at #9, the city is recognized for its diverse student population and a high “desirability” ranking, actually earning the highest of all the eligible schools.
Wondering just what that means?
There are several factors that go into determining how desirable a location is, in terms of cities with institutions of higher learning.
Here’s how it’s broken down:
– History, culture, and opportunity
– Student desirability
Toronto’s Student Benefits
Let’s delve a little deeper into why Toronto is such a great city for students:
– Diverse community. 49.1% of Canada’s population is comprised of visual minorities and it’s well-known as one of the most culturally diverse cities in the world. The exposure to people from all over the world is attractive to the many students who choose schooling in Toronto.
– Vibrant cultural scene. There are over 50 film festivals held in Toronto each year, the most famous of which is the Toronto International Film Festival. Toronto’s theatre productions are top-notch and the art scene is thriving.
– Nightlife. Toronto boasts a large variety of student-friendly bars, eateries, and dance clubs, many of which offer special deals and discounts to students.
– Food. The food in Toronto deserves a category all its own. You can find food from nearly every ethnicity you can think of. Being one of the most diverse cities in the world, it’s really no wonder that the food choices are as amazing and varied as the people.
– Natural beauty. Bordered by Lake Ontario, Toronto’s surroundings are beautiful, whether everything is in bloom in the warmer months or covered with snow in the winter.
– World-leading universities. Home to Ryerson University, York University, and the University of Toronto, it’s no wonder that students flock to Toronto. The University of Toronto has the distinction of being ranked 32nd in the world.
– Safety. Parents can have a little more peace of mind in sending their children to Toronto for schooling because it is ranked as the #1 safest city in North America, and it’s ranked as the 8th safest city in the world.
– Cleanliness. Big cities sometimes have a reputation for being dirty, loud, and all-around polluted. That’s not the norm for Toronto, however. It ranks low for air pollution, drinking water pollution, and only moderately for noise and light pollution. It ranks high in air quality, drinking water quality, and the also the state of their parks.
– Job prospects. Business, engineering, telecommunications, and software development are the biggest industries in Toronto. Students in these fields shouldn’t have too much trouble finding work. Considering the size of the city and all that there is to do, students looking for work during their education should also be able to easily find a job.
There are few cities in the world that have as much to offer to a college student as Toronto does.
It’s safe, clean, and there’s always, always something going on!
If you’re a college student and you’re in need of housing, we can help. Check out www.quadatyork.ca.